Maplehurst encourages members of the community to get involved at the school. Beyond the school council activities and events, the school is always looking for involvement in various capacities. For more information, please contact the school directly.
All school council events and activities are organized and run by volunteers. It's never too late (or too early) to get involved. Below is a list of activities and events run by school council and some of the ways you can help.
- Special Lunches: volunteering on the day of the special lunch to help get the food to classes.
- Pizza Day: Be part of a rotation to help organize the pizza for pick up by the class reps. Volunteer as much time as you are able.
- Movie Nights: organize a movie night at the school. Or volunteer that night to sell popcorn.
- Pancake Day: volunteer on the day of (with your griddle and flipper) to make pancakes and get the pancake and syrup to classes.
- The Very Merry Market: parents help make this event a success by volunteering time to organize a special area for the event, volunteering their time on the day of the event, and providing donations for the cake walk, silent auction, bake sale, jar room and kids shopping area.
- Dance-a-thon: parents volunteer on the day of the event to run the cosmic store.
- Spring Fun Fair: parents can volunteer time to organize a special area for the event and volunteering their time on the day of the event to help make the day enjoyable (and run smoothly) for families.